Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Update

I am back in Switzerland. Our trip to go to France to stay with Val has been cancelled. Marco's grandmother is very ill and getting worse. Since he leaves for Utah on Saturday, staying here with his family seemed to be the better decision. Luckily, the insurance covered the cost for the tickets. Italy was really cool. Weswam, we ate, we played poker. I'll post pictures soon, or just make a link. We went by train and came back in car. Going through the Alps was absolutely amazing. So many little villages up the sides of the mountains and fields of dairy cows just waiting to be milked and choc-lified. Today is Lazy Day for me by decree of Marco. I hate to admit it but i am a little sick. Kinda Flu-y. Good thing Marco's mom is a nurse, so I am in good hands. Marco made me some beef broth, awwww. And I am drinking lots of liquids. hihi Anyway, we are hanging out here in good ol' Basel and taking it easy. Marcos getting all his stuff together for Utah and I am semi-packing to go back to Alicante. Keep Grandma Ferraro in your prayers and the rest of the family, too. It is a stressful time for all of them. Ah yes, I am sure my dear sweet mother has been having a kaniption fit with all this buisness in London. DONT WORRY. Sure there are people here who dont like America, but it doesnt mean they want to seek out the nearest american and deport them. BUT I am pretty sure that EVERYONE in all of Europe hates George Bush. When I say i am from Texas, they always say, oh isnt that where Mr. Bush is from? and then they make a face like they smell brocolii cooking. I just smile and shrug my shoulders and everything is ok. That is pretty much my method of getting around in places where i have no idea what to do, or if i dont speak the language. Just smile and shrug. It works in Spain, Italy, Switzerland, stores, train stations...pretty much everywhere. OH! This is really cool. JOEY is coming to Spain!!! He will come for about a week. I AM SO EXCITED! Before I left Alicante i was getting a little homesick, and now when I get back, Joey is gonna be there. SO COOL! (Hold your thumbs and cross your fingers that Charla will be hiding in his suitcase when he gets here. O Charla, please come with him!!!) Lets see, i think that is all the cool things for now. Here I'll give some little details like what mom asks for when i talk to her on the phone. I shaved my legs today. It rained yesterday. The sofa is blue with orange pillows. I ironed clothes this morning. The male nurse at the hospital has "chops" sideburns. We eat dandilions cooked like spinach at lunch alot. Marco's little cousin who is cute cute CUTE like me and says my name. There are fruit trees everywhere. Ok, gotta go. Tschüss!!

3 comments:

makkeboome said...

and the most important thing...
she stinks alot

Anonymous said...

thanks sweetie for the update.. you are so funny. i am so sorry you are flu-y. maybe just from exhaustion..too much going on.Best solution,,,, REST.
Im glad marcos mom can help take care of you since I can't.love you mucho..

Charla said...

aww you learned Tchuss! i love it. i wish i could come with Joey...but wouldn't it be better if i came later...you know, spread your loved ones out a little?
miss you.